French Toast Casserole: From the Kitchen of Sally Boland
• 1 long loaf French bread
• 8 large eggs
• 3 cups whole milk
• 4 teaspoons sugar
• 3/4 teaspoons salt
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• 2 tablespoons butter
Yields 8 servings
1. Generously butter a 9” x 13” baking dish.
2. Cut bread into thick 1” slices. Arrange bread slices in a single layer.
3. Beat eggs with milk, sugar, salt and vanilla. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight if possible.
4. Remove from refrigerator and dot with butter. I prefer to melt the butter and pour over bread. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes until browned. Serve with your favorite syrup, fresh fruit or toppings.
• Thinly sliced apples can be placed on top of the bread. Season them with cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg.
• Fried bacon broken into small pieces can be sprinkled on top for a decadent finish.
• Other types of bread can be used, but dense breads work best.
Sally Boland has been a treasured member of the Kennedy Productions team since 1996. This will be Sally’s last event before her retirement. All of us want to thank Sally for her tremendous talents and dedication to her work. We wish Sally all the best as she begins her next chapter.